This is a quick shout out the The Westside Farmers Market in Ann Arbor. I have been talking up this market a lot lately because I will be a vendor there this year. Unfortunately, not everyone knows about this great market. The Westside is the new kid on the block, compared to the downtown market. No disrespect to the downtown market. They do a great job, and I am there all of the time.
It starts June 3-Sept 30, on Thursday 3:00-7:00PM.
Here are few great reason to come to the Westside:
1) I will be there selling fresh cut microgreens this year (smiles: shameless plug)
2) There is a great mix of vendors
3) Great easy parking
4) You can’t over sleep and miss it (like I sometime do with the downtown market…Yes, I am a farmer who sleeps in)
5) Thursday is a perfect time for gathering food for the weekend.
6) They participate in Project Fresh, a program to help provide fresh food to low income families
7) They also accept the Bridge Card
8) Perfect for shopping after work
9) You can drop off your library books, before/after you shop because there is a branch in the same shopping center.
10) No lines to get Zingerman’s Baked Goods