Long after the garden has been put to bed, there are POTATOES.
Above is a picture of some of the potatoes a grew this year, this crazy garden year. It is almost Dec and I am still enjoying my garden.
Looking at my potatoes and preparing my standard recipe pan of simple roasted, I wondered about looking into other potato recipes.
Emily asked why.
Why indeed. I can eat roasted potatoes for the rest of my life and not want for any other potato.
Here is my recipe:
1) Wash and rinse as many potatoes as you feel like. (for my that is about 5 pounds)
2) cut them into about 1 inch size pieces.
3) Place in a pan one layer deep (get as many pans as you need. I usually make two pans for leftovers)
4) drizzle some oliver oil on them
5) shake on some salt and dried thyme or rosemary or both
And bake in a 400 degree oven until they are done (45-60 minutes-ish)
Taste and add more salt if desired.
I use yukon gold and red potatoes. I grew red Pontiac and yukon gold this year.